Bobcat Pro Cat vs. Fast Cat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TPS, Jul 21, 2008.

1. TPS

TPS LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Can anyone give me any info on these mowers? In particular the Fast Cat is a 19/48 and the Pro Cat is a 21/52. How do they cut? The Fast Cat is 5400 +tax and all that good stuff and the Pro Cat is almost 8k. Are these prices good? Is that enough power for these mowers? Any comments are much appreciated. Thanks.

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The Fast cat mower is a compact smaller unit. It has different hydro's then the pro cat. The pro cat is full size, heavy duty machine. Machine has an hydro oil cooler, and suspension seat standard.

I have 2 Bobcat mowers and they are great machines! They cut great and stripe great! What dealer in NJ?

3. TPS

from NJ

Theres actually 4 bobcat dealers within 30 minutes of me. Is the Pro Cat worth the extra money?

4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

yes, imo, im not even sure the fast cat has a commerical warrentee, it is more of a homeowner unit. i run the zt225's and predator pro, the zt's are now the pro cat. great machines, cut great, short wheel base, tried and true machines. bobcat stands behind them too if you have any problems. im on my 3rd ztr, probably getting another next year.

5. TPS

from NJ

Is the 21 Kawi enough for the 52" Pro Cat? Also, any idea on pricing on that one? Thanks.

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I've got a 22 B&S on my bob-cat 52". I run the boss vac alot and when I do I wish I had an extra couple hp, but with out the boss vac I have plenty of power.

7. TPS

from NJ

Awesome, I dont plan on a Vac system, maybe a catcher but I doubt it. Mostly just side discharge. MowerBrad, can I asked roughly what you paid for yours? Thanks for all the help guys.

8. thomaslawn

thomaslawn LawnSite Member

Yes, the 21 Kaw works great on the 52" Pro Cat. We just purchased one this season and we love it. This is the 2nd Bobcat ztr that I now have and both cut great and stand the abuse. Price seems a little high. I payed 7k out the door for mine. You will not regret buying this machine.

9. TPS

from NJ

Thanks, Im gonna go back to 2 of the dealers tomorrow after work and see if they can do any better. They are both farely close, so I guess i'll but from whoever is cheaper. Thanks for all the help.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Any updates?? Not sure of where in Jersey your at but if your in south Jersey, you can't beat South Jersey Mowers. Shawn is great to work with!!