1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by pubairplanes, May 15, 2007.

1. pubairplanes

pubairplanes LawnSite Member

Hey all,

I have a 9 year old (about) Bobcat XM Hydro walk-along mower. I purchased it two years ago off of a landscaper who took excellent care of it.

I've got two questions:

1. Recently the blades slow down extremely easily when I hit the slightest clump of grass. I'm assuming it's the belts that need tightening or something similar. Does anyone know which belts to tighten/replace?

2. How often should I change the hydro fluid?

Thanks a lot!

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

Change out all your belts. When they wear down they run on the inner part of the belt. The belts should pull on the outer surfaces. Post back.

3. pubairplanes

Ok, just ordered some belts, should be here by Friday. I'll keep you posted on that.

Anyone know about how often to change the hydro fluid?

Thanks

4. mini14

mini14 LawnSite Member

check pulluys for grooves also, id changem anyway.....if it doesnt have an electric clutch try tightening the belt tensioner first before replacing anything.

5. Darrin A.

Darrin A. LawnSite Member

This (#1) happened to me last weekend. I changed the belt from the motor to the deck and it's alot better. I didn't think I should tighten the tensioner first, that would have been done after changing the belt.

Sorry, can't help with #2, mine is a walk behind.

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Different OEM's different times but 500 hrs. is most common.

7. pubairplanes

Thanks for the info guys...

I tightened the tensioner some and it helped a lot, thanks mini14!