bobcat procat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by kennywood, Jul 16, 2013.

1. kennywood

kennywood LawnSite Member

thanks ill try them. I have a procat 29hp kawi with a 61 inch deck. its a dura deck

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

G6s (and the slightly thinner/lighter G5s) are primarily designed for side-discharging. They are a full 3" wide and create more lift than the original 3in1 Gator Blades. I believe they are worth 'trying' and having on hand, imo. Different conditions (wet/dry, tall/short, thick/thin turf, etc...) will better respond to a particular blade. I try to surmise what the avg conditions will be and choose the best blades to fit the conditions/circumstances.

Yes, G6s can be used to mulch...but you'll get more blowout due to the added lift. I personally don't bag, but have heard they work well for bagging when conditions allow.

Wet/moist/dewy conditions do not cater well to using Gators/G6/G5 for my mower and my grasses. I'm sure others will disagree. It basically comes down to finding WHAT works...and WHEN it works best for YOUR machine and regional grasses.

The school of hard knocks churns out the best graduates. :laugh:

3. zo6

zo6 LawnSite Senior Member

there is no mower that stripes as well as a bobcat out of the box..

LAST FRIDAY.jpg

4. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

That's nice man!

5. zo6

thanks, i wasnt trying to sound like a di**head, but around here at least, bobcats rule the land, prob 10 bobcats to one of any other kind of mower.

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Bobcats cut great around here also. I see quite a few of them and we used to have two of the 36" variable drive walkbehinds. We absolutely loved those little mowers.

7. zo6

they are great, they cut so well. I just picked up a used 32" bobcat for my personal use at my house, it cuts just like the bigger ones. I dont see how anyone can say they dont like them, ive had multiple brands and they are by far the best ive come across, beats scag, toro, and those p.o.s. Dixies

8. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

Well here you gets no respect, and cannot keep pace with the rest of us on Deere and xmrk and toro. That's the real truth. There is no such thing as half price-better unit.

9. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, pretty stupid comments here. Bobcat has always made their own mowers. When the parent company bought Bunton, they repainted Bobcats as Buntons. Buntons got bigger fuel tanks, electric deck lifts and a headlight which the later 2 were options on the Bobcats. Eventually they stopped making different fuel tanks and the Bobcats got the same ones

I would put Bobcat up against any other brand out there. They make great machines.

Toro, now there is someone that couldnt make a commercial mower....they had to buy Exmark.

Also I notice the original poster is in one of the Carolinas. If its a newer machine(last 2 years), they have a kit for some southern grasses. Not sure if this would help or not as we dont deal with it much around here. Honestly here everyones decks work good...old, new, whatever...hardly anyone complains about a certain deck cutting poorly.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  10. kennywood

kennywood LawnSite Member

tried new high lift blades with no help. it was actually worse than the original blades. this machine clumps so bad in the wet. doesn't even have to be wet just the morning dew makes things awful. was clumping so bad at 10am it stopped the deck completely up. im cutting at 3 inches and the grass was only about 6 -7 inches. does someone have an answer