Bobcat Ransome Project

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ZKSLAWN, Mar 11, 2010.

ZKSLAWN LawnSite Senior Member

So this was my first mower.. there were numerous things going wrong .. hard starts.. handles sticking.. axle sticking.. front wheels sticking.. rough idling all the good stuff.... i am also going to paint it while its apart..

2. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

wow i cant wait to see the finished product

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

i wish i kept my 1980's bobcat randsom's. I traded it for the mower i had previously to get fixed.
  4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice old mower,caint wait to see it finished.
  5. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Pat'sPerfectLawnService

Pat'sPerfectLawnService LawnSite Senior Member

after its all done your going to have a nice mower. keep us all updated on the mower with some pics
  7. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

YES!! keep us posted!!

I have the exact same mower with a plastic belt cove and diff castors, Its mMy first one aswell, I really need it this season but i plan on doing the same thing.. tearing it down and rebuilding it at the end of the year.. there great mowers, cut wonderfull. ill be using it till i retire lol..

Ps, if you didnt know you can print the whole parts,teardown and owners manual off the bobcat website if you needed part #'s for anything
  8. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I cant wait to see the final result

ZKSLAWN LawnSite Senior Member

Everything is pretty much apart.. havn't stated on the engine yet.. i have some some parts set up and getting painted.. im cleaning the carb section and doing all that work now.. i gotta take the deck apart and paint that this week

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

what paint are you using? just rustoleom. Is that okay to use with such high engine temps?