Bobcat Ransome Project

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ZKSLAWN, Mar 11, 2010.

ZKSLAWN LawnSite Senior Member

oh and the new air filter box
  2. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

that black paint on the muffler is gonna burn right off and smell for a while!

ya thats will look pretty for now..

ok so hit a snag.. turned it out started up on the 3rd pull.. but when i went to throttle down it went up.. and just reved really high.. now i cant figure out what im doing wrong

4. pnwlc

pnwlc LawnSite Member

Great job.What was the final outcome?I have a line on a used ransome... and was wondering if it was worth it to you to put the time into a mower.Im not in the business I do like tinkering and working on things and was really interested in buying this guys junk

i actually just got it back on the trailer the local shop had to put a new spring on it.. than had a littletrouble and jut ordered a new needle for it.. other than that its a tank
  6. -Dalton-

-Dalton- LawnSite Member

i guess i am a little late but you can buy aircraft paint stripper from auto parts stores. comes in an aerosol can or brush on. that would have been handy for paint on bolts, etc. looks like it came out pretty nice anywy.
  7. Marc_be

Marc_be LawnSite Member

I was wondering if you could help me out. I don't manage to find the belt diagram of the ransomes that you show (= xm4805?). Of the smaller belt on the left, do you happen to know the belt number? Thanks. Marc