BOBCAT reaches agreement with Kubota?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by meets1, Jun 17, 2008.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Just back from the bobcat dealer and he told me that kubota engines will stay in bobcat cuz they reached an agreement b/ the two companies. He said Kubota is no longer going to be making or creating there own skid either.

He also said that the tractors may be on the chopping block due to bad timing with economy, stiffer than expected competition and overall lack of sales.

Anyone else been hearing anything?

2. CAT MAN

CAT MAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

I knew that kubota would still but motors in bobcat, but didnt here about the tractors!

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

On HEF there is a person that said the Kubota skids are on their way in, like next year.

4. meets1

I don't no - returned a trencher today to the bobcat dealer that we were using and I asked a few other questions about economy and such and he started in about the bobcat tractors and such. He is also a kubota/dixon and now hustler dealer for mower. So that is what he told me again as of today.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

IMO, Kubota tractors have gone downhill a lot in recent years. We have a Kubota that is 25 years old, great tractor. Wish I could say the same for the L3410 we have, what a pile. At 500 hours it torched a motor, unknown cause. $7,000 to rebuilt it. She runs good now, but before the engine toasted out, she'd constantly overheat, never could keep her running smoothly either. The hydraulics are crappy, parts are getting even more expensive, it's way too topheavy, I can't stand the sway bar adjustments. It's a hystat so it has to be in neutral with the range lever before it'll start and even though you're it's in neutral, sometimes it won't start, it's about a 50/50 chance. I'll stick with Deere tractors from here on out.

6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

If you do not like saftey switches you better stay away from Deere then.

7. meets1

Now I have heard the exact opposite about Deere. Spendy, shop time, $$ repairs of warrrenty. Now I run New Holland so I guess I can totally agree/disagree about the other tractors.

I have 2 - both bought new. Never had a problem yet.

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I heard the safety switch speech for Deere as well, but I figured I could handle it as long as that was the only issue.