1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat remote control video

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Fieldman12, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I laughed when the guy had to "tap" the engine cover to get it open and how insane is it to shove an electrical wire between the radiator screen like that? Just plain stupid and cheap.
  3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Hey, Ron you should have heard the guys at the demo day talking about "Covering up the warning lights" they wanted to cover them up so they could use a laser grading system. I also heard a few saying that the the receiver would/could get knocked off by tree limbs.
  4. bobcat_ron

The only upside of the whole R/C system for a Bobcat CTL is that it truly is a smoother ride, your butt ain't in the seat!!
  5. Majesticman

Majesticman LawnSite Member

We used to go to ICUEE every year and talked with these guys about doing a Cat 243 for us about 5 years ago. I thought it would be great for a small crew while building medium sized walls. It would have paid for itself in just on and off the machine time and would leave the foreman on the wall watching the construction.

They showcased the product at that time for demolition machines and as a safety devise.

I dropped the idea after I thought about how the operator can feel how hard the machine is working and the tipping points.

A couple of years ago they had a dingo type of machine that was remote controlled and had a V-6 with open headers on it. They would crank it up about every hour and put on a show with it. I wish I could find a video.
  6. bobcat_ron

7. Majesticman

Majesticman LawnSite Member

Thats the one.
  8. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Down here our remote controls are from south of the border. :usflag: