Bobcat Roller Suspension

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ccequip, Apr 22, 2008.

1. ccequip

ccequip LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried the new roller suspension from Bobcat? I saw it at CONEXPO, it looks like it is tough, I wonder if it will really smooth out the ride. I searched and found this site, but I can't find anything on Has anyone tried the new roller suspension??
  2. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think it's out yet. I talked with my buddy who I used to sell Bobcats with and he said he thinks it is a joke. The center wheels only move 3/4" up and down and the front and rear of the undercarriage do not move so that when you do go over a bump the machine still jolts.

He did say that it was good that they improved the space around the sprocket so that should help with the drive motor problems they've had with them overheating and dying because the mud builds up around them. he said it was funny because bobcat always said that a suspension was terrible for grading and now they are talking up the benefits of having a suspension now because it improves grading performance.
  3. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Are CTL's that much of a rough ride to need suspension?
  4. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope.:) Much smoother than a wheeled skid when working in dirt.
  5. hansondirtman

hansondirtman LawnSite Member

The suspension also increases traction dramatically.
  6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

They need to get their game together and use a triple flange idler on the front, but wider flanges so the rubber on the outside of the centering lugs doesn't rot prematurely.
  7. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

It won't be any good. It's gotta be yellow before the pee brains around here will approve of it.
  8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Thats not very nice, you don't even know BCron. Sure he has issues, but a "pee brain"?:confused:
  9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Pee Brain???????? I'm more like a Peanut brain. Get your facts straight fellas. :laugh:
  10. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

CASE is yellow....or rather want a be yellow:laugh: