Bobcat S130 Or S100 Im Confused Guys Help

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Feb 17, 2008.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

hey guys i been in the market for a 4' wide machine and demoing the s100 was real nice had some power for a little guy but i been going over some speces and if i put inverted rims and tires on a s130 i could get that machine down to 54'' still not 4' but i look at is as if i have to get in a 4' or 3' area i still do have my mt52 just a little tuff to grade with what do you guys think there acually giving me a killer deal on a 2007 s130 with cab and heat it does have 50hrs but no big deal

2. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

What's the problem...either one will make a good boat anchor...:weightlifter:

3. mrsops

lol what do you think qps whats the best bet for me

4. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Go buy that mini....and quit spending money:cool2:

5. mrsops

im going to buy the mini but i need a littler machine as well then im set i have a machine for every application i do alot of machine work out here so its money spent well

6. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

Just calculate your best bang for your buck, I would think the used one is the way to go, I looked at specs on the web site, that 130 is heavy for what it is compared to the 100. I wish I could justify buying a small machine I would love to have one.

7. mrsops

yeah the s130 lifts 300lbs more and has 13 more hp and 6 inch more lift. and the funny part is i can save $1500 buying the used s130

8. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

I would get the s-130. If you can save that much money, plus its a bigger machine, you can do more things with it. ( like you don't have enough skidders already)

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The 130 would likely be worth more at trade time as it is not as specialized as the 100. If you get it in everywhere you need to I would go that way. If that don't work there is always the harbor.:laugh: