1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat S150...Enclosed cab?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Timberman, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Timberman

Timberman LawnSite Member
    from MD

Can you get a cab enclosure to fit these? I've got an '05 S150, and I'd like to be able to add heat and ac, if it isn't too much of a PIA to do. Anyone done that?
  2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

check out skidsteersolutions.com
  3. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

I have an 05 s150 also I believe it was about a 3000 dollar option direct from bobcat.
  4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i believe you need the S160 at a minimum to get AC from Bobcat.
    good luck
  5. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont put this in stone, but i have a 02 s185 and at the time it was the first series in size for ac it used to be the 773. I had previous a 99 763 and it was not availible for air.
  6. Timberman

Timberman LawnSite Member
    from MD

The skidsteer solutions cab might work, I figured maybe I could rig up an ac unit on the roof. Might be more trouble than it's worth.
  7. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

for factory a/c on a bobcat your engine must have a turbo, s185 min i believe
  8. BobcatBoy06

BobcatBoy06 LawnSite Member

You can do the cab no problem, just contact the dealer that you got the machine from, we have an S175 that I put a cab on it ran me about 1300 for the cab, that was front door with wiper. The heat can also be put in the S150 without much problem, the ac may be a problem they only offer it in the S 185 and up, it can be put in the smaller machines if you can get someone to install it. The roof mounted one is an option you just have to watch you won't rip it off.
  9. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Mmm, clarification: all of tnmtn and start2finish and BobcatBoy06 are mostly right... the S160 is available with air-conditioning, as is the S185 (and up). The only models not available with factory AC are the MT52, MT55, 463, 553, S130, S150, and S175.