Bobcat S185- S175? help!

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Deputy_Swan, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Deputy_Swan

Deputy_Swan LawnSite Member

Hello, I been dealing on a used S185 and deal fell through, anyways I am going to go look at a S-175 next week with 300 hours, acs, air, and power bobtach... I have ran all kinds of Bobcat equipment, but never a S-175, I understand the 185 is turboed and 175 is not, anybody ran both and noticed any difference?

went and looked at some new machines, the new emissions crap and the price tag turned me off, also since the Koren outfit bought bobcat I believe their equipment quality has gone to hell, i know this first hand as I have several friends that build them in the ND Factorys

2. Deputy_Swan

Deputy_Swan LawnSite Member

My bad I ment to post this in the heavy equipment section not marketplace

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Oops yes there is difference less everything:waving:

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

If you need the 185 you will be disappointed with the175

5. Thomas Lawn Care

Thomas Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have operated both machines with a lot of seat time in each. You shouldn't be disappointed in the S175 but you will feel a difference, specifically when your ac is cranking in 95 degree weather. I could very easly feel the extra 10 -12 extra HP the turbo makes vs the ac on without the turbo in the S175.

Best bet is go demo each. Also join the skidsteer forums. A lot of good knowledgeable guys there like here.

Bottom line imo.... turbo for the win:weightlifter: