BOBCAT S205 ?'s

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by meets1, May 4, 2007.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

What can you guys tell me about this machine. Looking at getting one now and need advice. Mostly used for landscape work, some grading, some concrete work and maybe snow.

Also any financing options available right now? There website doesn't say much about that.

2. meets1

So after 20 views no one has anything good or bad to say huh?

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

21 views now......

4. meets1

ok. Great thread and thanks for the insight.

5. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i believe bobcat has some good financing right now. as far as the machine never run one.
    good luck

6. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

I've read this post, but I'm not sure how to respond... I don't have practical experience with Bobcat (sadly), so I can't really offer first-hand suggestions or commentary on how it'll do in situations. Financing may be dependent on location, so you may want to check with your local dealer. Case currently has an offer -- if dealers match offers on warranties and financing, you could check that out.

The S205 is generally regarded as a good machine, however, and people who have it seem to be pleased. For moving snow, you may find better options, as the S205 is single-speed only. For grading, it's not too bad, but the short wheelbase might not make it the best one out there for this task. It handles lifting rather well, but certainly larger machines will lift more. For a middle-of-the-road machine, it'll probably fit your calling.

If you have more insight on why you want to choose Bobcat, how large of loads you're expecting to lift, and other things that might influence your decision. Just asking for general advice on one machine without these considerations might not get you the best advice.

7. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcat was offering 0% financing for 42 months, but I believe it ended April 30th. I'm not familiar with that model, however, if you're going to plow snow, I'd go with a machine that had a 2-speed, like Tigerotor77W suggested.

8. meets1

Currently have a case and time to upgrade. Bobcat is in town and so is New Holland. Case is a 30 minute drive down the road. I have rented them in the past and liked the performance so that is kinda driving my decision towards Bobcat at this point.

9. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think most of the Bobcat machines are good. I would probably if I was you go with another Case or New Holland. They probably have a little better price.

10. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

We just got 8 new (TOE for 16) 205's for my battalion. I got to fart around with one that was right off the truck. Its a great machine for the most part but it did bog down a bit when lifting mud and stone. But we ordered ours with larger buckets.

New Holland is nice and hold their own. But its a little jerky with the controls.