1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat S250?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by denver 2, Dec 13, 2008.

1. denver 2

denver 2 LawnSite Member

I'm considering moving up from a 773G Bobcat to a S250. I've owned a S185 and a 7753 Bobcats in the past and have found them very reliable. Are the S250's reliable or should I look at Cat or Deere? Rubber track machines scare me as far as reliability goes so I'm leaning towards standard wheel machines with steel tracks. Any info would be helpful.
  2. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I think any of the machines with the v3300 will be very reliable. I have had an s220, s250, and 3 s300's all with the same motor, drive system, chain case (except 2 s300's were K series). The S250 is both productive and light enough to have a good power to weight ratio. It will blow away the 773g (had one of those too) in lift, stability, pushing, and digging.
  3. denver 2

denver 2 LawnSite Member

Thanks YellowdogSVC for the advice.
  4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I would consider demoing a CASE 440 (radial lift). Great power in small package with a ROC of 2200. The CASE 445 is vertical lift, a little less power than 440 but same ROC as 250, but with more bucket breakout and more hp than S250. good luck
  5. denver 2

denver 2 LawnSite Member

Thanks KSSS for your input. I've seen very few Case products in my area, maybe because of dealer service area? I'll look into it.
  6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Cat!! Cat!! Cat!! Cat!! Cat!! Cat!! Cat!! Cat!! Cat!! Cat!! Cat!!
  7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Cat 262C, more engine power and when you flip the wheels around, you get a narrow 66" wide machine, no need to buy bigger buckets, keep what you have from the machines you hae now. The Bobcat S250 can only get down to 72" of width.
  8. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Off Topic alert!!!

Does anyone else think what I think about Ron's new sig kitty?
  9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

It is disturbing.
  10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Really disturbing..