1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat skid steer w/ kubota v 2203

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Breezmeister, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Bobcat 773 skid steer w/ kubota v 2203 diesel

Friday night it was being used to load salt when it died, like it ran out of fuel, the operator was able to restart it and move it a few feet when it died again.

Here is what I do know, fuel solenoid works. it will try to start when cranked, but no joy, just gray smoke. Replaced fuel filter on the off chance that might be
    clogged, no joy. Bleed the fuel system as per manual, no joy. Fuses are good.

I take hose off of injectors and crank engine, no fuel getting up to injectors. No fuel getting to fuel filter. I'm thinking fuel pump now.

Questions are, is the fuel pump electrical and in the tank of the skid steer or mechanical and on the block of the Kubota, under the injector manifold or is that the injector pump ?

If the fuel pump was bad, would that stop fuel from moving when I tried to hand prime it? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here ?

Thanks

2. Showtime

Showtime LawnSite Member

Sounds like your fuel pick up tube broke off. It is located under the cab on top of the fuel tank. In the tank is just a fuel pick up tube with a screen on. Bobcat has it usally in stock. I think mine was $20 for the parts.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hello there breezMister I would start by looking there at pick up tube that would be a nice cheap repair....if its your fuel pump I think I have one shot me your serial #:waving:

4. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Thanks for the replies guys, it is the pick up in the tank. From what I under stand, this is a very common problem.

I needed to rule out the fuel pump, so yesterday I got a can of diesel and disconnected the fuel line at the primer ball, add 2 feet of hose to the can and bleed the system again. She fired right up for me.