Bobcat skid steer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Pecker, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

LawnsRus,

One more question: Is it big enough to scrape off a few inches of dirt/clay at a time (which is what I will need to be able to do to make the ground level for the concrete driveway)?

2. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

With that model iam not sure what it is but 6.8gpm that seems about right. You can run a small tiller iam sure i know you cant run a harley rake for grading the lowest is 8gpm requirements. My bobcat and most everyone i have tried was a little tippy. To be honest with you "******" it will all matter based upon what the ground conditions are to dry wont work to wet it wont work but moist will scrape with the bucket fine. I have used a 110hp or something 2 speed mustang and the darn thing would not scrape the ground because it was dry and hard as a rock. Hope that helps but it would be an awesome machine for around the house. Also keep your eyes out for a larger one as it will do just a tad more. Iam mad that i bought a small loader even though i bought it and make a profit off it. The dealer i was working with for a new one offered me twice what i paid for it.

Jason

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok. Thank you again LawnsRus. That addressed my main concerns. I think this is the right unit for me. :drinkup:

4. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

I know this is a 7 year old post, but it was very informative and I am about to purchase a 453 myself and every question I had was answered.

-Michael

(I wish other people would use the search bar, their have been 5 or 6 threads in the past week about what size walk behind is right for them.)

5. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Old but good thread I have much more knowledge since this post bought 789 maybe 10 loaders since ask away. And hope everyone's machines are ready for winter.