Bobcat skids horrible to work on

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Gravel Rat, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The local diesel shop is working on a old 753C wheeled skid I'am friends with the mechanic. I asked him are you having fun yet. The cab is lifted up exposing the guts of the machine. He is trying to replace some of the main hydraulic hoses. He is having a h*ll of a time. One of the fittings is in a tough spot so he has to make a wrenches to fit. I was looking at where the hoses run.

When Ron posted pictures of his girlfriend's skirt lifted up revealing the easier to work on machine.

I'am glad when I worked at the rental shop any time the 763 needed work it went to the Bobcat dealer or the dealer mechanic came to the shop to fix the machine. Had to work on the bobcat mini's thou talk about frustrating.
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I'm smiling so big right now!! There isn't a single private mechanic on my neighbourhood that is willing to work on anything that is inside of a Bobcat skidsteer! They are just too damned hard to work on with out chopping and welding up $1000 in new tools just to get 3 lousy fittings loose!!!!!
  3. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, they are way too damn tight. When I traded in my T-300 it started leaking hydraulic fluid through a hose fitting. I wanted to fix it before I turned it in because it was leaking like a sieve (the deal was done a month earlier, I was using my machine until the Deere came in), but there was no way in hell I was going to get to the area it was leaking without removing stuff left and right. So I turned it in as is, their baby!:walking:
  4. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

They're not too bad... not the worst. Try the old JCB's! They put loctite on all the hyd fittings! Nice! If you have alot of hyd work to do on a Bobcat, it's easier to slide the engine and hydro package out the rear and then have at it. By the time you mess around with everything else, yur miles ahead. With any of em, you better have good knees, long arms and a good back!
  5. NCIlandscaping

NCIlandscaping LawnSite Member

we simply pull the engine everytime...
  6. Mcrover

Mcrover LawnSite Member

Done some hoses on a 763 import over here and found with the motor and trans out it was pretty straight forward but with the engine and trans in it was damn near impossible.

Some of the 5 series were the same but all in all, nothing is as bad as 3 tonne Kobelco (sp?) excavator with no Hydro grrrrrr.
  7. Gravel Rat

I didn't stop by the shop today to see how the mechanic is doing.
  8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

stop by and introduce you mechanic to Mr. Walker, Mr. Daniels, or Mr Beam. Mr Cuervo might be nice as well(but you mechanic may not like immigrants)
  9. Gravel Rat

The mechanic likes a challenge the skid steer is one. Working on boats is more frustrating.
  10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

My dad hated working on his boat, but he really hates working on his RV.....the laying on stomach with the engine below you. or underneath it in a half crouch....