Bobcat/skidsteer sub WANTED-Akron, OH

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by snap12.5, May 14, 2005.

1. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

need a subcontractor with midsize or larger skidsteer to do grading, leveling, other miscelaneous work for 8-10 hrs worth of work.

id rent one myself but have never operated one

let me know if anyone is interested or know of anyone who is
    thanks

2. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

everyone started somewhere........ Why not rent it for a week and teach yourself.

3. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I did it a couple years ago never graded with a skid before and signed up a landscape install for a 3 acre lot and turned out great. The learning starts with trial and error. Rent one with a harley rake and just use it dont be intimidated. Its hard not to be at fist but once you get over being afraid. I was like that once just like everyone but now i love those larger jobs.

4. srk1378

srk1378 LawnSite Member

We have an 85 hp skid steer and are located in Wooster. What kind of work is involved? We might be interested in the job.

5. snap12.5

from Ohio

grading, setting boulders(about 20), rototill, spread topsoil, and other miscelaneous work.
    --id like an hourly estimate because even if u saw the job u wouldnt be sure how long it would take

i am subbing this out and will be on location the whole time to help grade and set boulders so that it all works well in the design.
    thanks- let me know if interested

6. srk1378

srk1378 LawnSite Member

Sounds like something we could help you out with. Everything except for the roto-tilling, we don't have a tiller. Drop me an e-mail with a phone number and I will give you a call with our prices. Thanks, Scott

7. snap12.5

from Ohio

Scott - here is the email - tkman59@aol.com
    Thanks