Bobcat suspended undercarriage

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Tigerotor77W, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

I guessed that Bobcat would be releasing something new this year (and I still think new machines are a few months away):

Bobcat Suspended Undercarriage
    Responding to customers' requests for a smoother ride from compact track loaders, Bobcat has developed a roller suspension system, which is currently available as an option for the company’s T320 compact track loader and will become available for other of the company’s rubber-track models later this year. In the new suspension system, the rollers are suspended by high-strength-steel leaf springs as a means of reducing vibration. In addition, the new system used track idlers that have been raised to make the machine easier to turn. A further advance built into the new suspension system is provision for a larger area around the sprocket to facilitate cleaning.

(taken directly from a Construction Equipment newsletter)

2. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

saw that in CE too.
    I was told by someone at a Bobcat dealer that new machines with radically new design were at least as far out as late December '08.
    I would be po'd if I bought a new T320 or S330 that is pushed by Bobcat for brush mowing and find out that later in the year sealed, pressurized cabs were coming out with piston pumps for hydraulic power. I really wish Bobcat would have told me more than "something is coming."

I don't know how anyone would know yet but I heard the new large frame skid from bobcat will be a lower center of gravity, longer wheelbase, wider and roomier cab that will be sealed and pressurized. I was also told that piston pumps are in the future and there will be 3 or so large frame sizes.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's still not a TRUE suspended system, and it doesn't even begin to address the real problems with vibrations, all the "chatter" and bad vibes you get come from the front and rear rollers you Bobcat R & D dummies!

4. BongoJim

BongoJim LawnSite Member
    from 5

Ron have you seen the new bobcat traacks yet? Are they like cats at all? If they are I'm going to have to buy a Takeuchi.

5. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

I'm just waiting for the new machines to come out. I hope they stick with the white and orange

6. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

DOOCAT playing catch up as usual.....

7. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Not like Cat's at all. I will throw pictures here when I get the chance...

8. BongoJim

BongoJim LawnSite Member
    from 5

thank GOD:) I was getting worried.

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

They're still using the C lug patterns.

10. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I love my Takeuchi. I would buy it again if I had to go back and do it again. My machine rides pretty smooth. I do know the Bobcats are a little rough. If they would just put the rear roller on the back that rides on the sides of the track and not over the drive lugs that would help allot.