1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat T190 - This baby is Awsome!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Highpoint, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

:blob3: I've had the new T190 Bobcat since Wednesday and will keep it through the weekend. This baby is the cats meow!!! How about being able to push a button and the machine automatically changes from foot controls to HAND! A FULLY adjustable seat, ability to change hydro flow for different atachments just by pressing a switch, Controls are super easy on the hands or feet needing little preasure, TURBO, 1900 lb tipping rating, etc.:D Any body can run this thing! Talk about steady. This baby is rock solid and will allow you to shave a consistant distance with out gouging. We've been correcting water shed around rental properties. This machine has really shown its colors in several conditions.
  2. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

funny this post came up because I just talked to my friend tongiht who owns a 873 ( I think thats it, the one with the tracks, but it could be 863, I get confused with bobcat's numbers!) and he laughed at me.

It turned out he blew a track on the left side of the machine today. Not the end of the world, right? Well, he called up bobcat and got a price for a new one..........a little over 2,000. OUCH!

and, to make things worse, he has to replace both tracks because the machine will be unbalanced with one new and one old.....so, in total (+ 200 installation) his bill is going to be close to $4300.

Maybe something to think about.

By the way though, bobcat did say that some of the original tracks were made out of too soft of a rubber, and had changed their design on newer machines. He may have a chance argueing the point with them, but one can never tell.

As for the t190, I've heard its basically a 773 but with the track system instead. Any other info on it?

3. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

This machine may be in next years budget to purchase. I can promise that all aspects of service and parts replacement will be looked at before the purchase. $4300 really sucks!!! Any way, at the present, Bobcat has 3 machines with a dedicated track system. The T190 and T200 are the smaller version wrapped around the basic frame size of an Bobcat 763 or a Case 1840 or a JD 250.:cool:
  4. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

problem with track machines is replacement cost of tracks we wear out a set of tires a year, they cost from $800-$1200 a set try that with tracks
  5. if i am not mastakin T190 is made by New Holland not Bobcat
    i also don't think you can compare the two

and i don't think you can generalise all skid steers as bobcats any moore because there are a lot of manufactures like JD,New Holland,Case,Takeuchi,Toyota,Geihl,ASV etc.
  6. eskals

eskals LawnSite Member

True, you can't. However, to me Bobcat has become the common name for skid steers. It's like kleenex is the name for tissue.

If I am not mistaken, doesn't Bobcat have a huge proportion of the market? Something like 50 percent of all new skid steers sold are Bobcat brand?

7. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Lawngodfather, you are thinking of the New Holland LS190, Bobcat T-190 is a 773 set up with tracks. There is a big differance in lifting between the T-190 and LS190.
  8. I looked at the Bobcat web site and did not see any other tracked loader besides the 864 witch i have used before but I did see the new 883 that i am demoing in the morning I want one with cab n heat and A/C

I have been using a Mustang POS that I barrow it need a new radiator but it gets the jobs done I think its a 545

the only thing I don't like about Bobcat around here the dealer is veary COCKY and a lot more expesive than the other bands and dealers outside his protcted area but I stil like Bobcat brand for the feachers i am used too

I have aproxamitly 2000hrs on Bobcats and some hrs on others but i don't own one I might just have to check out the new tracked ones