Bobcat t300 prices

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Ironmike, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Ironmike

Ironmike LawnSite Member

A landscaper I know told me bobcat enterprises told him he could buy a loaded t300 for 48,500. That seems pretty cheap. Any other bobcat buyers and what did you pay?

2. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

48,500 for a t300 thats a steal i got quoted on a t300 i think for 57,000 loaded

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I payed for my T190 in 2003, something's very wrong with it.

4. mrsops

no way you paid that for your t190 ron.. t190 are going for 45,000 right now loaded

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

2003, $62,241 with taxes!

6. mrsops

ron are you nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would of hated the machine to

7. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

im not going to canada to buy equipment......

8. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

It all depends on what your dealers rep wants to toss into the deal.
    Does the term market share money mean anything to you?
    You'd be surprised how low they can go.

9. mrsops

yeah thats true tbi they droped big money when i bought my s330 they play games like that :nono:

10. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

All manufacturers do it to some extent whether its money they pay to subsidize the interest rates for the dealer- 0% for 42 months isn't cheap, or they set aside money for specific packages, etc. the only problem with it is that it comes at a price to the manufacturer in the form of lower operating margins. I still beleive that one of the primary reasons that IR sold Bobcat to the Koreans was because it was costing them too much to maintain marketshare with CAT starting to breath down their neck, CASE becoming more agressive, and JD introducing the 300 series (a big improvement over the 200 series). If you add all of that up with the crappy housing market and economy and the fact that Bobcat carried over 1000 new machines into 2007 that weren't sold to dealers you can see how the pinch happened. I still have many friends within the Bobcat organization and the margins kept getting smaller and smaller in order to stay on top of the market. Bam! Now the money/profits are going to a company that is half owned by the South Korean govt. Sad day for American made and owned.