Bobcat T300 vs Bobcat T320???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Kidder, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Kidder

Kidder LawnSite Member

I am just wondering if anybody has tried these two machines side by side. I am looking at one of these down the road and wondering if there is alot more power that is stated in the manuals. I beleive the 300 has 81 horsepower and the 320 has 92 horsepower. Just looking for a machine with raw power to grade in frozen ground conditions. Thanks.

2. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the T320 even Tier III certified yet? It wasn't at the end of 2010.

3. Digdeep

Nope...answered my own question....Bobcat is still using a Tier II engine in their T320 :nono:

4. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Cant you just turn up the screw up and make a T300 a T320?

5. Asphalt/Dirt Man

Asphalt/Dirt Man LawnSite Member

I'm pretty sure it is a different engine. Because if I remeber correctly, our s330 has a different engine than the s300-250.

Big difference between s300 and s330 if that helps.

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, and they added a 1" thick plate in the rear of the belly of the machine for more counterweight and played with the hydraulic pressures.

7. Digdeep

Nope. T300= 3.3L & T320= 3.8L

8. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

Raw power and grading don't go together. Nither does raw power and skid steers.

For grading and/or raw power; track loader. Deere's 605s are the smallest things around now, but the Cat 939C was just discontinued, and with Cat's parts sytem, you'll be able to get parts for a very long time.

9. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of frozen conditions do you mean? CTLs are limited like a lot of equipment on frozen ground. The difference in those two models won't matter on what they can do on frozen terrain.

10. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

The T300 and T320 weigh the same exact (9702lbs). I actually asked my Bobcat sales man how the T320 lifts more when it weighs the same and he said they just tweaked the numbers, it really doesn't lift more. Operating capacity at 50% is exactly the same (4604lbs). We have a T300 and absolutely love it, plenty of power for what we do, which includes a lot of grading and spreading materials. I have not tried a T320 but i have herd that the extra HP does help with pushing power and running high flow attachments like a forestry mower.