1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat T380, any info?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Ozz, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody know anything about a T380? I've heard rumors about it being 110-120 hp, having around 4k lift, anyone think it'll happen? I doubt it.... They've gon into the random number systen again. :cry: I'll probably be numbered T900 or something like that...
  2. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

The race for the first $100,000 skid steer is on.
  3. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

why not just get a dozer or an articulated loader.. less money and pushes/lifts more.. there is no need for that much HP/size to run a harley rake or whatever most people do with them..
  4. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I bet it'd run a 120" harley rake!:laugh:
  5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Bring back the 963 Bobcat!!!!!!

That was a fun machine!
  6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The 963 was a pig. Big power, not a lot of lift for a machine that size. Considering how big it was its abilities were not inline with its size. Thats why they did not sell.

I doubt you will see a skid steer over 100 hp for emission reasons (Gehl backed down their large machines for this reason). I dare say you wont see a machine that big. Especially now. The largest machines of any OEM are not the best sellers. Factor in the manufacturing costs of these machines verse the numbers they would sell and it wont pencil out. I think Gehl is the ceiling for skid steers. The compact loader market is increasing and I agree would be a better option for lift and carry jobs.
  7. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

I have a fertilizer customer that love's the 963's. He wishes he could get his hands on some more of them....You sit up higher in them which some operators like...
  8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

They did sit up high.
  9. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Theres an old 943 at the dealer here in town. Its one big machine. Its funny though, out of all the real big bobcat machines (943, 963) I have ever seen, I have only seen them in fertilizer plants, concrete plants, or at locations where they don't leave the site. I have also never seen one on a job site as well.

Maybe they were just to big and heavy for their own good.

What would be the point of a Skid that size? it would be such a waste of time for Bobcat to develop, and market. I just don't see a market for something like that.

10. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

is there supposed to be plans for a T380? I mean when you start to get up over 100 horse power wouldn't you just be better off getting a dozer. LOL