Bobcat t650 vs t 750

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by rflandscape, Dec 26, 2013.

1. rflandscape

rflandscape LawnSite Member
    from NC

Look at getting a new ctl. Just wondering if anyone has experience with the bobcat 650 vs 750. The 650 is about 11000 less than the 750 but 11hp less also. Any thoughts?

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

What are you using this machine for

3. rflandscape

rflandscape LawnSite Member
    from NC

Mostly grading work. Working along side of my 953c and also concrete and asphalt removal. I have a t 190 but it seems a bit small n larger home grading sites

4. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

I have a t650 and a t590.. Never ran a 750 but heard it runs circles around a t650.. T750 also has a lot higher roc.. I do like our t650 it's a good machine and the price tag on it doesn't make you cry once you sign the papers :laugh:

5. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

The new Tier IV final pricing will make you cry. Just over a $5k increase over the Tier IV interim pricing- $5389 increase to be exact. My buddy selling them here in WI said customers are in sticker shock now.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  6. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not impressed with the 590s engine layout. The oil filter is right over the starter, the ac compressor and everything else is jammed against the back door. Also the foam blocks they put in the loader towers , really what are they for. They are sure to soak up water and dust. The bobcat M series does have nice visibility and the windows that lock open in different positions are a nice feature as well as the dash displays

7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I can't understand why everyone complains about the tier 4 price increases (and bigger butts on these machines). Don't you all know it's good for the environment? :hammerhead::laugh:
    I just bought a new Toolcat. Probably found the last F series (2014 production model) with the options I needed. It's IT4. The G series, which started production this month, is modified for the Tier 4 compliance. Price tag jumped about $3-4k just for that compliance and a different motor (Doosan).

If you are looking at getting a 750, do it now if the price tag already hurts. Bobcat is going to put it's Doosan motor in them, probably this year, and I think there will be another big increase.
    I'm personally waiting to trade my s750 until the motor change is complete but I already know it is going to be painful. While I'm not running a CTL, the extra lift capacity and horsepower of the 700 series, to me, is worth the extra money but of course, that depends on your application.

8. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Not trying to hi jack this but did you get a 5600 or 5610. We are just starting to look at a 5610. What did you pay and with what options

9. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I also heard that too. It's supposed to be a 3.4L replacing the 3.8L, the current 3.3L in the 600s will be replaced with a 2.4L and the 2.6L that was in the 500s will also be a 2.4L.

10. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

I have a 2013 T650 that we bought this summer, which replaced our S300 w/Loegering vts tracks and we are happy with it. The S300 w/vts was a tank, and the T650 will not push as well, but overall for what we do it is much quicker (especially with the 2 sped), more efficient, and a whole lot more comfortable to operate.

I had alot of issues w/my vts setup and decided to ditch the machine all together while it was still worth good money.

On a side note we also bought a 2011 Kubota SVL75 w/80 hours, and the T650 will not push with the kubota. Even though they both have the same motors, the kubota has more power and doesn't power out like the bobcat, especially when we are working at 8,000' elevation!

The bobcat dealer just adjusted the timing on our T650 a bit, and hopefully that helps. Also our 650 is the hardest starting bobcat i have ever owned, not sure if it will get better once it's broke in or not, but they also thought the timing adjustment will help that?? We will see

Overall pretty happy with the T650.