Bobcat tires

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by kris, Aug 17, 2001.

1. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

If I posted in the wrong forum I appoligize.

How many hours are you guys getting out of a set of tires?

On our 863 we are getting around 400.

On the lesser power machines we get more , for obvious reasons.

How does this compare with you guys (comparible power machines)?

Thanks in advance.

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Kris, we are getting 500-700 hrs on our LS170's New hollands and 700 -1000 hrs on our LS190's

Our 170's are 10X16.5
    Our 190's are 14x17.5

3. kris

from nowhere

Sounds like we might be getting a fair bit less Paul. Do you do alot of driving on asphalt? Or could it be that employees are very hard on them? We also use our machines for snow clearing .

4. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

800 to 1000 on a case 1845c. Depends on use. (asphalt, grass, etc.) find snowplowing isn't to hard on them because there is a little skim of snow to protect them. Another thing I have noticed is that the left front wears out faster then the rest. To many loaded left turns?

5. diginahole

diginahole LawnSite Member

8" wide UNITRACK tires for my 553 last me 300 hrs of very hard use on mostly asphalt. These are cheap tires but readily available. I cracked 3 rims after 2000 hrs.

6. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Which tires are going first? we lose our back ones first on the LS170's, thats from digging holes for trees. LS190's are pretty even they do most of the heavy lifting and digging , teaching your guys to dig right will take a lot of strain off the drive line and tires will last longer! Make sure they dig with all four tires on the ground:)

We use SKS HD tires on all our machines they are heavier and great side walls these tires don't squat much on heavy loads andthe rubber is tough enough for ashphalt work.

7. kris

from nowhere

This last set seemed to wear evenly ( all 4 ).

I have seen guys spinning needlessly on pavement. Also I am sure that because there are so many differant employees running the machines that this also contributes to the premature tire wear.

Thanks for the reply's guys.

8. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I tried to go 'bargain basement' with tires for our Gehl 6635 SXT this year and got what I paid for. 8 ply Titans, will end up with about 250 hours on them when one finally blows or the season ends, whichever comes first. The rubber seemed to come off those tires in chunks in the early hours, like the rubber was a bit brittle.

We beat the heck out of ours - mostly asphalt driving, mostly tight spaces (lots of turns).

Will go back to Galaxy Beefy Baby II's at the end of the season - got about 500 hours out of the first set. Of course, they were 10 ply, too, so no wonder...