1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Tractor

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Marek, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Are they building them themselves or is someone building them for them? How are they built? And priced?
  2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i dont kknow saw a truck load of them and ive seen them sitting out in front of the dealer too....i would also like to know

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

they only go up to 30hp at this point i cant find my add for them right now but ill look for it
  4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

They are manufactured in Korea by Daedong, which I understand to be Bobcat's parent company. They are virtually identical to the Kioti line, although at a higher price and fewer choices. Maybe the white paint costs more than orange.:confused:
  5. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Perhaps a little better dealer support from Bobcat than Kioti? As in larger dealer network.
  6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

They ARE Kioti, Bobcat paints them and changes the wire harness and plugs so they meet the current Bobcat electrical systems.
    There was an article in Heavy Equipment Journal about the purchase of Kioti before Doosan bought IR.
  7. hosejockey2002

I guess that depends on where you are and what your dealers are like. The dealer I bought my Kioti from is large, has been in business a long time and also sells the "other" orange brand, so I'm not concerned with dealer support. I think dealer support in your area should play a huge factor in which tractor you buy, regardless of the brands you are considering.
  8. White Kioti. I never would have thought BobCat would have sold out to a Korean company. BobCat has been know as a reliable product using Kubota engines. Wonder what this will become in a few years?
    Emerich Sales
  9. hosejockey2002

The switch to Daedong engines should not hurt Bobcat reliability. Daedong has been producing compact water cooled diesel engines since 1949, longer than Kubota, or anyone else for that matter.
  10. We will have to see. Keep an eye on this one in a few years.