Bobcat vs. ASV

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by LabLuvR, Nov 28, 2006.

1. LabLuvR

LabLuvR LawnSite Member

I demoed both yesterday. The T300 and the ASV 100. Quite surprised in what I found. I went in thinking I would really like the ASV and instead found myself liking the Bobcat better. I guess the main thing that separated the two for me was the ease of service on the BobCat. All the filter were very acccessible compared to the ASV. Overall thought I just liked the Bobcat better and with the significant cost difference was really surprised at how much the Bobcat seemed like the better machine. What was I missing or was I?

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I doubt you missed anything. If you ran both machines side by side doing the kind of work that you do and you liked the Bobcat better I would say your making an informed decision. An extra bonus maybe that depending on the ground conditions you work in you may see reduced maintaince costs with the Bobcat, again depending on how you are using the machine.

3. LabLuvR

LabLuvR LawnSite Member

I've yet to demo the Caterpillar model. I hear the hydraulics are better on the Cat and ASV than the Bobcat. Since I'm going to be running a mulching head, I need to keep that very much in mind.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Hey man, whatever works for you. Sometimes a machine that normally wouldn't be my top pick performs better in some applications. Buy what you feel is best for your operation and don't look back.

5. cddva

cddva LawnSite Member

ASV makes an RC-100 model that's beefed up (more protection, increased cooling capacity, etc.) for running a mulching head. I'm sure the price tag is "beefed up" too, but it may save you alot of problems down the road to get a machine that's designed for using the mulching head, whatever brand it is. Given your location and how "warm" it gets in the summer there, the cooling capacity may be a very important consideration.

6. LabLuvR

LabLuvR LawnSite Member

I agree, these SC summer, get very hot. Whichever route I go I will make sur the machine can hanle the temps.