1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat vs Case vs Deere, vs ASV

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cpaum, Apr 14, 2008.

1. cpaum

cpaum LawnSite Member

Hello all

if you had to dig a 30' x 30' by 3 feet deep in clay. Which one would be faster. All machines would have a bucket and a Quick Spade Combo to use.

How about digging a 10' high bank using forks with a Quick Spade and a bucket.

The last time Bobcat ran this thread. Bobcat said people picked there product over everyone else by 3 out of 5.

I have Bobcat's. But I'm starting to think there is better out there now. Give me your thoughts and be honest?

I am going to take the poll number and post them on the web. Everyone wants to know.
  2. hansondirtman

hansondirtman LawnSite Member

I'd say they would all work great for that job.
  3. cpaum

cpaum LawnSite Member

So if you have to choose one which one would it be? I know if only one unit had a quick spade and the others didn't. The one with a quick spade would win hands down.

What do you perfer?
  4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Would not need anything but a toothed bucket either.
  5. cpaum

cpaum LawnSite Member

Have you ever tried a spade out yet. I have tooth buckets and they are good for some things.
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Okay so I found out what the quick spade thing is, that basically looks good for digging holes for trees/shrubs only. Don't know how that would be faster than a tooth bucket digging a 30X30X3 hole. Since you threw in ASV in the comparison, let's assume track machines. I like suspended undercarriages, the ASV's are nice machines, but I'd prefer Case.
  7. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

they all will get the job done... i got all bobcats so thats what i would use :)
  8. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Not sure what brand you use but the ones I have seen would last about 12 seconds on my machine.
    Also the forks would bend as well on the fork models.
  9. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Takeuchi TL150 would do that job in a couple hours.
  10. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, any of them listed would get the job done. I would choose the Deere or Case machies myself. The Deere is an animal and so is the Case machines.