BobCat vs. lesco

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zim bob the landscaper, Feb 18, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob-Cat or Lesco...BOB-CAT hands down! I have had my 2003 Bob-Cat 48" Professtional Grade (not classic) gear drive WB w/15HP Kawi V-Twin for 3 years now and I LOVE it!!! It's built to last, and has a fantastic cut and stripe!!! I'd highly recommend Bob-Cat, but if your budget is a little tighter...go with a Toro Proline! I have a 2005 Toro Proline 36" gear drive WB w/13HP Kawi V-Twin, and I LOVE it too! It too has a great cut and stripe, and is built to last! IMO...if you're between Bob-Cat and Lesco...go with a Bob-Cat, you'll thank yourself later!!! Lesco just isn't up to par with major brands like Bob-Cat, Toro Proline, Bunton, Jacobsen, Exmark, Scag, Wright etc., IMO Lesco's nothing more than upper level homeowner equipment...but that's just me.
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Some people... boy I tell ya... just reads fishy to me from some folks.

Bob-Cat has a nice ZTR package that is bang for the buck.
    The ZTR's are nice, simple, ample machines.
    I like them and I used to strongly consider them at each purchase.

But now I OWN a Lesco ZTR and I can tell you up front that the Bob-Cats are not built as heavy nor do they perform or stripe as well. But still I see NOTHING wrong with that. If I were a guy with a great dealer with great pricing and I was looking for a ZTR that's not so heavy I would buy one.

As for the fixed deck walkbehinds, which is what I think we were discussing(?). Well frankly there is really very little to almost no real difference between the two. There is not a lot of difference in the floating deck hydro machines with 'ztr-style' controls either... except the Lesco has a BETTER deck.
  3. lescodude247

lescodude247 LawnSite Member

briggs and straton all the way!