1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

BobCat WB- Briggs has no spark?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mowisme, Mar 17, 2008.

1. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

A friend asked me- so I'm asking you. First..I'm looking for just a direction to look as he hasn't the model , all he could give me is this: 14 hp Vangard OHV on a manual shift BobCat WB. He did clean magnet of any rust. How about switch on trans? does it need to be jumped together if unplugged? He can't find where it goes? (maybe trans was changed before he got it??) any help appreciated..sorry on lack of numbers- hard to diagnose without. Gene
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Your right about the number thing, But put a jumper wire across the trans plug and see what happens. If still no spark disconnect (unplug) ALL the wires connecting to the engine and check again. If you now have spark there is a problem (switch/short) in the unit harness. If you still don't have spark It's most likely a bad coil, BUT...If it's a twin cylinder it could be the kill wire lead that has a diode within.