Bobcat WB cost?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daniels, May 8, 2006.

1. Daniels

Daniels LawnSite Member

Hey I was at my Hustler dealer looking for the price on a Trimstar and I noticed he has a few new Bob Cat 36' WB all have the Kawa 15hp ...1Hydro for 3800 and 2 Gear Drive's for 2800 each----He'll add a Grass gobbler for 170 and throw in 2 xtra sets blades.. Are they worth it ??

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 36 with a 15hp Kohler. It's a really nice mower and cuts beautifully.
    I don't think hydro is needed on a wb though. Hydro is an essential for any kind of rider but, a walkbehind is just a trim or hill mower unless it's your only mower.
    To answer your question, it sounds like it's worth it.

3. Daniels

Daniels LawnSite Member

Thanks Tharrel
    No not the only piece -have super Z and a mini fast Trak an this is for a new community with several hill that the other can't navigate --plus now I am considering a velky/sulky for the guy I have helping that day --It may make things go a little quicker..

4. iblonger

iblonger LawnSite Member

I just purchased a leftover Bobcat Classic 36" gear drive with a 15 horse brigs for $1999. I know they have a "higher end" model also. I did not get a quote on that one because I didnt see much difference between the two. Bobcat is also running 0% for 2 years if that helps (can't bet using someone elses money).

5. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year I bought a 36inch bobcat hydro for 2800 new, think average retail with the 15hp kawi is about 3200ish. Good mower except for the idler pully on the deck which is on the deck drive belt from the engine, it kept flying apart. I just drilled the rivets out and replaced with machine screws and nuts and it fixed it. Not sure why they put a cheap riveted pully on the deck, should be cast iron pulley for a couple bucks more.