bobcat wb tank removal

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by nbuzz, Mar 31, 2008.

1. nbuzz

nbuzz LawnSite Member

I just got done with the carb rebuild and oil. It runs great except now it cant get any gas. it has new fuel line+filter but I'm 90% sure there is a bunch of debris in the tank that is blocking the fuel. I reasoned this because it ran great for 10min and then died out; and now it does not matter if the valve is on or off... no fuel in the line. So I want pull the tank and clean it out. How do they come off? or is this something the dealer should do?

2. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

The fairly newer tanks come off with four bolts under the tank. The older ones have metal tank straps that go around the tank.

3. nbuzz

nbuzz LawnSite Member

the tank on mine is bolted down. I wanted to be sure I could put it back on. are the bolts or studs part of the tank? so if I were to flip it upside down they wouldnt fall out?

4. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

The nuts are molded into the tank......If you are not getting fuel from the tank...it is most likely the screen is clogged that is on the fuel shut off valve. The valved is pressed into the tank through a rubber grommet. Most of the time you can not remove the valve without destroying the grommet.

5. nbuzz

nbuzz LawnSite Member

thanks man. thats what I wanted to here. I was planning on just blowing the fuel valve out w/the compressor after I rinsed out the tank. that shouldnt dislodge the screen?