Bobcat work..

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Greenkeepers, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hey all-

What kind of price can you guys get for doing misc. bobcat work by the hour. I know for snow removal we can get $85-95 hr. Just for moving some dirt or gravel around or jobs like that. How do you price for rockhound work??

Just got it about 2 months ago and need to get it to work..

2. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

In my area it's $35 to $50 hr...There's always those lowballers out there that will do it for $20 an hour...Derrick

3. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

$60 per hour with a 3 hour minimum.

4. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

We charge $50-100.00 per hour, depending on what attachments are being used.

5. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

My friend gets $35.00 per hr with a 3 hour minimum.

6. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Mike,Sounds like that area "market"thing again,charge what ever your market will bare....The bobcat is one thing I have not got yet,it seems we have one on every corner around me.My sub gets 40.oo per hour with a 2 hr.min.Hope this helps,JOHN

7. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Thanks for the input guys... I've been calling around and getting prices from people and the range is huge...

8. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Was wondering what you all pay for small dozer work like a d-5.

9. fatty_falcone

fatty_falcone LawnSite Member

I charge $260.00 for the first two hours and $60.00 for any additional hours with the exception of a full day job (eight hour days work) then I just charge 50 or 60 per hour some times I,ll give 10% off if it's one or two days a week worth of work

you need to remember just to bring the bobcat to the site with travel time costs you thats why I get 200 for the first hour KK

10. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont charge by the hour . I have 1 full time employee and kind of have to give him a full week weather permitting. I try to estimate the time by 75.00 due to there is a machine and both of us are operaters( of course 1 running ) I will tell the customer this rate because they actually could get a dozer or a full size hoe for this money, something they havent figured out yet. Most people call me and describe the work to be done they dont ask most of time what kind of equiptment you have. Also it depends on your area the going rates, my area is a low price area.
    Mike