1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat ZTR Generac 33 hp RPM's dropping w/ blades engaged?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by HenryB, Oct 30, 2009.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Rpm's are at 3700 with no load, once I engage the blades they drop to 3300. Spindles spin easy and smooth clutch feels fine. Help.

2. HenryB

Maybe a governor adjustment?

3. HenryB

Maybe carburator? Help:confused:

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Neither of the above, You will have a couple hundred in drop when load is applied so that's normal.

You can adjust/raise the high speed RPM's (with someone in the seat) with the deck engaged to 3750, But best not run the engine wide open with the deck off.

5. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

If you really want to turn the rpms with it engaged you will need a msd box or some type of rev limiter to limit how many rpms the engine turns with the blades disengaged.

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

But, Who needs to run a engine at wide open without any load applied to warrant it ?

Dixie's come set at 3750, Haven't seen any problems......

7. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Not saying you need to just saying if the blades are disengaged with it wide open you would over rev. I don't think it necessary to mess with it at all just if the owner wanted this I would suggest doing it that way to not over rev.