Bobcat ZTR Mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ted putnam, Apr 27, 2011.

1. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Guys, I own and operate a Fert and squirt company. I don't do mowing other than my personal lawn. My local small engine repair shop also sells mowers. The line he carries and recommends is Bobcat. Are these good quality mowers? They appear to be. I want something that will last even though I'll just be using it on my own lawn. I figured I'd ask the Pros. Thanks in advance for any and all opinions.

2. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. Most all Bobcat mowers are great and durable machines. But just like anything, they need proper matienance. Check out exmark as well

3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes, I am versed in the maintenance routine. I own 2 Z-sprays that we operate. I see the exmarks, graveley's and grasshoppers out and about all the time. I just haven't seen bobcats. That may be because he is small and the only local dealer.

4. pressley10r

pressley10r LawnSite Member
    from NC

bobcat mowers are very good quality, thats the majority of ztrs you see in my area due to a high volume dealer that blows them out. I know one guy that has a couple with 3,000+ hrs; just overhauls the motors every 1500, but youre gonna have to do that with all air cooled kohlers

5. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the BobCat Fast Cat Pro with 48" deck and 20HP Kawasaki for use with small yards, and I've used it on some 2 acre yards at times. I love it. Got the Gator mulching blades and they work well on the machine. Good, solid machine. Don't think you can go wrong.

6. tjjn06

tjjn06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

We run 3 of them. They are solid machines. I would have to say they are one of the best value/feature mowers out there. One of them that we run is a '97 model (I believe).

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

You dont even own a mower and your giving advice on buying mowers???

8. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

They are really good mowers and reasonably priced. I have a friend of mine here thats a dealer and got stuck with a big Predator Pro 61" with a 37hp kawasaki he ordered for a guy and they never picked up. I know he needs to move it, would prolly take $10000 for it, I would have to ask. We are not to far from Texarkana....

9. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36 inch bobcat belt drive.

10. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Bobcat is in the same category as Scag or Exmark. Its a Ford Chevy Dodge thing really.

I ran bobcats for years, the price was always within a couple hundred bucks give or take of the scags and exmarks so that was never a deciding factor.