Bobcat ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeC, Jul 26, 2000.

1. MikeC

MikeC LawnSite Member

Local dealer just added Bobcat to his existing line-up. Other models carried are; DC,Great Dane, Snapper. Has priced Bobcat well below other models. Bobcat ZT200,19hp Kaw.,54&quot;deck, selling for $6100.00.<p>How do these mowers hold up and perform? Bobcats are rare here in Chattanooga, most are down in Atlanta. Any thoughts, thanks.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: MikeC
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

There are a lot of bobcats around here,I'd say they are by far the most used ZTR in my area with Dixies coming in a distant 2nd.Most are 61&quot; cut with 23 kawi or 25 command.I wouldve chosen a Ransomes instaed of Dixie,but Ive had bad experiences with Ransomes in the past with getting parts and unresonable prices on the parts themselves.<p>----------<br>John D<br>
  3. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

The mowers you inquire about work well; they are among the top sellers in my area in Ohio.<br>I chose a bobcat over a lazer or toro for my business;performance is excellent & they were $700-1000 cheaper too. <br>If you have mostly flat ground, a Dixie will cut faster than toro, lazer or bobcat. But if you have hills or even gentle slopes, I'd stick with bobcat.<br>Having said all that, be sure the dealer will take care of you WELL; it's your livelihood you're gambling with when you choose a dealer.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>