Bobcat ztr?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MONTE, Jun 15, 2008.

1. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have experience with one? I demoed one for a day last week and was impressed with it. I would be currious to any comments regurarding bobcats good or bad!

2. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

When I was researching, I asked a bunch of people too. Most didn't have a lot of positives to say about them, but nothing too negative either and these were folks that have used pretty much everything.

I can tell you this though...I have a friend that works at a BobCat dealer, and he sent me to an Exmark dealer, if that says anything.

3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

They are the most popular in my area they are workhorses I know of several with 2-3k hrs and still strong awesome stripes and dependable and you can get parts almost anywhere

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Cant go wrong with a bobcat mower. They have been around forever and have always cut good and been reliable mowers.

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

my bobcat is the best investment i have made

6. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone use the 61" with a 37hp Kaw?

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Listen, "rumor, rumor, hearsay, rumor hearsay--he said it, I believe it"
    I can't believe how people will spread crap they heard someone else say. As far as your friend goes, I don't care much for dealers, and their employees are even further down the list.
    Bob-Cat is a strong, reasonably priced machine with an impeccable pedigree.
    I have 3 of them, among other brands by the way.
    You'll not find any posts on here complaining about that brand. Tony

8. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i had 4 of them all 61 inch cut and 25hp kohers and one i still have has 28efi on it anyway they are good mowers. i would put them in my top pics of mowers but not the best. they are as good as exmark, scag. only real problem is the parking brake adjustment. other than that real good machines

9. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i had one it was a great mower, whish i had bought another one to replace it.

10. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

they don't hold slopes worth a crap -- especially compared to a real mower like a Scag tiger