bobcat ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Jul 10, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

anyone have a bobcat ztr. I am interested in purchasing a ztr mower and I am interested in a small compact mower. I was wondering how the bobcats are. I am looking into the Scag Tiger Cub, Exmark Lazer CT, and the Bobcat Estates Series or Leo. If anyone has info or comment on my selection please tell me.
  2. teach

teach LawnSite Member

I've had the Bobcat 219 (19hp Kawasaki) for about a year. I've never owned another ztr to compare it to, but I feel it does a great job. It's built like a tank. If I had it to do over, I would probably go with a little bigger engine for some of the taller grass.
  3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I use their walkbehind and I worked at the dealer last year. The Leo is strictly a homeowner mower. The 218ES is good but it doesn't have the supension seat. I also think the 18-19 engines are small for tall/thick grass. The 27 GROWLS. Also, they are built like tanks and the cut is really superb. I like the fact that they are owned by one of the biggest corporations too. (Textron) I delivered a Bunton 31hp gas 72 inch deck last year. It's identical to the Bob-Cat and it REALLY GROWLS. btw, Here's a pic of the first walkbehind.