Bobcat ZTRs, why does EVERY company have them?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, May 26, 2006.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

i mean, little to large companies all use bob cat in NJ it seems. Are they good, junk, cheap or expensive? The ones i hear are usually noisy, not sure what engines are on them, but they just seem a ton louder than my 27hp kohler on my Ferris mower, loud like i KNOW id need headphones on the thing standing 125 feet away from another company riding around on one. Theyre usually always green and yellow similar to a JD color but darker green.

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi,

Well I have researched a lot about them and have decided to go with them. The seem to be almost as good as scag and exmark just a little cheaper. The big deciding factor for me is the distribution center for parts is in MY CITY so I can have parts for them in 20 minutes as opposed to 3 days with scag. Also its cheaper then scag and its still a pretty complete heavy duty package. Ive heard many good things about them. I'm really not sure about the noise, I am getting a 23 HP kawi and I'm pretty sure they aren't that loud. They also come with Kohler, Yanmar and "generic". I would appreciate feedback on The kawi motors and the noise as well if someone knows. I'm looking at the ZT 223.

Cheers
    Jeff

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

That's new to me. :confused:

4. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

There is basically no Bob Cat in my area. There was years ago but not anymore.

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

ive never seen one at any dealers lol, maybe im in the wrong area.. around here its

scag more north of trenton, JD, ferris, simplicity, toro, exmark to name a few

6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Dude,

What are you smoking? Your first post said that all you see is Bob Cat and your last post said you don't see any Bob Cat.......WTF???

7. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I believe he is saying that he never see's any bob-cats at the dealers but it seems that everyone is running them. Meaning where is the dealer?? That's how I took it@@

8. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

There is a decent dealer for them in central jersey. The place is out on Rt.130 called Ralphs. I use to deal with them and my first zero turn was a bobcat 60' with the 22hp kohler. Not a bad machine at all still have it and it cuts decent. I run Scag now but I always do a fair comparison of brands at local dealers before buying. I see alot of Exmark in N.J.

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Ram, I can name you 2 company's here in South Jersey in the Camden County area that run Bob Cat Z's. I see mainly eXmark, Wright, Scag. I have seen 2 other co's running DC's. I've seen one Husqvarna. Like I said it's mainly eXmark's, Wright's & Scag's where I am.

Rob

10. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen all makes and models in my area. Predominantly Exmark, Scag Bobcat and Toro, though.