bobcat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by twopitbulls, Jan 17, 2008.

1. twopitbulls

twopitbulls LawnSite Member

I have a bobcat that seems to be pumping all of the hydraulic fluid out of the breather cap on the resevoir.it pumps all of it out. any idea what this could be.thanks for any help

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

You have valves stuck open have you done work to machine recently:drinkup:

3. twopitbulls

I really dont know alot about bobcats, I changed the hydro fluid filter. what valves would be stuck open or how would i fix this. thanks again

4. Landrus2

With series bobcat are you having problems with:drinkup:

5. twopitbulls

series 863

6. Landrus2

Those this happen when you running attachments or just machine operations:drinkup:

13-07-2006-4417.jpg

7. twopitbulls

i only use the bucket but it seems to do it after about 15 min. when the pressure builds up i guess

8. Landrus2

Hello there when you work on hydraulic line be very careful always have safety. in place I see this is causing you a problem always have your bucket in the floor never raised.Do you know if oil filter has a relief valve.:drinkup:

9. twopitbulls

thanks for the tip. i don't know if the system has a relief valve.i guess it should. would you know where it might be.thanks

10. Ausman

Ausman LawnSite Senior Member

Im thinking something simple like over filled fluid, In winter we often get that complaint as the fluid is more dense it takes up less space in the tank, people top it up to where they run the level in summer when the machine acheives operating temp it is overfull, you should always monitor your fluid level at operating temp.