Bobcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnut101, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Hi everyone. For those of you that have used Bobcat mowers, do you like them a lot? I'm probably going to be purchasing one this spring, and just wanted some insight on them. I used one last year when I worked for a different company, but his was really old, and it had 2800+ hours on it! I really liked that part of it.

2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i've been using a bobcat classic 48" for abour 4 years now. its built very solid and it stripes really well. i think you'll be happy with one.

3. Lawnut101

Cool, thanks for the help. I can't wait until April. My dealer is having an open house and I have my eye on one. He seems to think they are the best.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I run Bobcat mowers as well. nicely built and the have a great stripe! What model(s) are you considering?

5. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns LawnSite Member

I like the stripe they give as well, that is due to the fact that you can adjust the blade hight in the deck with the spacers unlike the new 52" ferris i have which im not all that impressed with the stripe it gives

6. avjohnson

avjohnson LawnSite Member

I'm about to buy one. I had one a while back and liked it a lot.

7. Lawnut101

I'm thinking about the 220 ES with a 20 Horse Briggs and a 52 inch deck. It's $6200+tax. The reason I'm going to go with that is because the Briggs is about $1500 cheaper than the Kawasaki engine. Plus my dealer thinks that this is a great , and my dealer is the best, so I trust him. I was a little weary of the Briggs engine, but he said that he has guys that have been using them for the past 2-5 years or so and they have no problems. So, that's good enough for me. I think that's a pretty good price vs. $4-5,000 for a used ztr. So, basically, it's like paying an extra 1 grand for a 5 year warranty. Is that right?

8. Lawnut101

Yeah, my dealer said they leave a great stripe, and that I should test them out before wasting my money on the stripe kit.

9. Lawnut101

I think they've just gotten better since then. I was impressed with all the stuff that my dealer was showing me that Bobcat has improved/changed over the past few years.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be a bit leary of the briggs engine. How many accounts do you have and how large do you plan on growing? If your gonna be putting more then 250 or so hours a season on the machine, you may want to go with the kawasaki enigne. Sounds like your a smaller operation though so the briggs should do ok for ya. :waving: