bobcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

what do you think of the bobcat 219???? i have one and all it has been is trouble its in for service for the 5th time today and it only has 93hours on it. what do you think

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Bob-Cat WB and I haven't had a single problem with it. Bob-Cat mowers give the best quality of cut and striping of all mowers!!!! I love my Bob-Cat!!!!!!! Perhaps you aren't properly maintaining it.

3. BobcatZT

BobcatZT LawnSite Member

We have 3 Bobcats. 2 54" Walkbehinds and a 61" Zero Turn Rider. Great mowers as long as you maintain them properly.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

According to a recent post of yours, you are finally up to 50 hours. Let us know how well it is in 500-1000 hours. 50 hours tells us nothing. I'll take people with experience word about bobcats, they have more than 50 hours.

5. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

Local dealer here has dropped the Bobcat line (also sells Exmark). When I asked why, he said they were having a big problem getting parts from the factory. I just waited 5 weeks for a part (granted it was an obscure part for an older Ransome) only to finally have the factory admit that it wasn't available anymore. Took me a day to fabricate something instead - live and learn.

6. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I have a walk behind 52 inch BobCat. It has a lot of hours on it. The control linkage is showing some where. I replaced the bushings on the front Castor's ones. Other then that it has been a very reliable mower, and the cut is great. The Kawasaki burns oil bad ones in a wile. But its temporary and then it burns clean.

My 61 inch BobCat rider is made of the same quality. I have 700 hours on it. It is still a tight good running mower. I had to replace one of the wheel motors. The 25 horse Kohler runs strong day after day.

The stripe that is lays is outstanding. The quality of cut cant be matched. But in the slightest wet conditions it dose clump. I ran double blades on it in the spring and it didn't clump as bad. I raise the deck up a couple of notches and blast over the yard again and it disperses the clumps.

Both very reliable mowers. My dealer always seems to be able to get a part in the rare instance I may need one.

Textron makes the mowers so its a huge company. The same company makes Jacobson for the golf coarse industry.

LawnMower

7. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

I've had a 48" Bob Cat belt drive w/b for 10 yrs as my primary mower. Bought a Lazer last year so the Bob cat doesn't get as much use now. I don't know how many hrs are on it as it didn't come with an hr. meter. The only problem I've had was replacing the gearbox(input shaft broke). Might have been stress of hauling me around on the Velke? Other than that, just routine stuff like belts and now the rear tires need replacing. I don't know anything about the larger Bob Cat riders though.

8. Nick911Racing

Nick911Racing LawnSite Member

Just wondering if Bob-cat makes a 72" Diesel ZTR rider? I read somewhere that they did, but I can not find any literature on them. If they do does anyone out there have one and how do you like it?