bobcat'nstl's work pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Bobcat'nSTL, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm not afraid to work in the heat. The way I see it when you are sweating that means you are doing something.

2. Bobcat'nSTL

Bobcat'nSTL LawnSite Member

Its been a long time since i have updated so here are some pics from a two jobs we did over the fall. Work has been real slow so I dont have much to share. These pics are from a fence job we did.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didnt get any pics of it coming down because literally it fell down with one touch of the hammer.
    [​IMG]

The customer did not wont us to replace th posts so we did the best we could to straighten them out
    [​IMG]

the finished product
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we also had to replace a rotted out post.
    [​IMG]

3. Bobcat'nSTL

Here are some pics from a side walk we put in we did it as my grandmothers house so the whole family helped which made things alittle hard when some family members think they know what they are doing but dont and it starts an argument over stupid little things. But we got it done.

marked out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

getting it dug out
    [​IMG]

setting the forms
    [​IMG]

next day placing rock
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the concrete
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got the easy job because I was the only one that knew how to run it haha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the finished product
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the know it all in question
    [​IMG]

pulling the forms
    [​IMG]

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, so wtf is tuck pointing?!

5. Bobcat'nSTL

Well first of all that is not our truck (we dont buy crap trucks cough cheby cough). ok now that i got that out of my system tuck pointing is when you replace the mortar between the bricks with new mortar.

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I know its not.. Yall gotta stick with Found On Road Dead trucks.. :wall

And oh, never heard of it before? Atleast not around here..

7. JPsDuramax

JPsDuramax LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

The work you guys do looks great. My question is where did you find a tow-behind mixer? I've never seen one down here. Pretty neat concept when you only need a piece load.

8. RedRebel

RedRebel LawnSite Member

Theres a local outfit here that rents the mixer and loads it and mixes it for you at a very reasonable price...Its convient if you only need a yard or two..
    Looks good, but is your WWR laying ontop of your gravel? Maybe you pulled up in your concrete when you poured it?...
    Another question, why did you broom finish it before edging and cutting your control joints in?
    Also, did you use fiber board atleast on both ends connecting the walk to the pre-existing concrete?

9. Bobcat'nSTL

We got the mixer from our local rental yard. They have a mini bach plant in the yard and load them with up to 3 yards. We pulled the mesh up up as we pored the concrete and we put fiber bord at both ends and in the middle. We put the broom finish on after we edged and jointed it the first time and then re edged and jointed it again for the picture frame look.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

So are you guys pouring concrete for customers now?