Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Bobcat'nSTL, Jul 4, 2009.
Or, if you had TLB with thumb, all done by now and no wining about grapple bucket
well we have been real busy lately so here are some pics
had to grease the bobcat
loading the dumpster
my brother and the rest of the crew went to pick up the lumber from the yard while I loaded the dumpster
starting to get full
new sub flooring
my other brother and his truck(f150) and my dads truck (f350)
the gutless 242 but it got the job done and it was not to hard to do with out a grapple
more to come to night have about 5 more weeks worth of pics so hold on for more.
Just got the invoice on that dumpster. Came in at a healthy 12.69 tons for a 40 yard roll-off. We carried all of that out of the house by hand in about 8 Saturdays. We're getting close to needing another 40 yard dumpster again. Lot's more pics that my lazy brother can post. We received an upgrade to an S-250 the past couple weekends, and I'll be using a steel tracked T-320 to do grading in a small neighborhood park tomorrow. Nice to have your contractors willing to let you borrow their equipment for no charge.
We had a very old lady come into the office the other day that lived in one of the buildings that my employer has paid to stabilize just up the block, and she mentioned the bar that used to be there. She even mentioned the name but I can't remember what it was. She said she spent a lot of time there. And I guess I know who to blame for the cobra heads now.
For the brick sidewalk question, the answer is yes. Though all of the sidewalks on North Market were replaced in 2006 with Empowerment Zone funding to assist the new home project. Most of the remaining brick sidewalks are in the northern part of the neighborhood. In many cases, a layer of dirt and grass covers the sidewalk and you would never even know he brick is there. We have a Habitat for Humanity build going on right now and they are digging up a ton of brick sidewalks. There's been about $60 million in investment in the neighborhood in the last 10 years, including $35 million for the 14th St. Mall project that is wrapping up now. That's where the bobcats are coming from.
Hey now,.....we were just subs to the prime contractor, Welsbach Electric which, by the way, are no longer in St. Louis. Just a matter of useless trivia, the lighting that was replaced was the salmon colored granite poles with the globes on top.
One of these days I'm going to go back down there and take a look around to see how much has changed.
You gonna post any pics of the work in the park?
Right now that's a touchy subject lol I will let him explain what happened.
I took the T-320 to do some work and had to shut it off in the park for a phone call. When I tried to restart it, the code would not work. Luckily, when the contractor tried to start it the next morning it worked fine. They never could figure out what went wrong. That was the first time I operated a CTL. Much smoother that an SS:L, and the steel tracks are perfect for working on the rock that the contractor is building our streets and sidewalks on. Not so good for street running which is what I had to do to move it. The steel tracks are also LOUD.
Pic of it were I had to leave it in the park overnight.
And another pic on the construction site.
We've been making some good progress on the house project the past few weeks. The following pics date back to the beginning of March. I lost my free bobcat connection last week. The Project Manager saw me bring one back to the site that is now a couple miles west of where I am and told the superintendent that was letting me use it that they can't be leaving the site anymore. So I'll have a rental S-175 this weekend. I can use the T-320 from the other contractor, but it is not suited well for what we are going to be doing.
From March 6, 2010:
Whatever can fit in the gang box or can be chained to it is all the stays on site.
Framing in the new kitchen floor.
More demo time.
The easiest way to remove a floor joist.
Cramp, Cramp, Cramp!
Beating the tongue and groove together.
And an almost finished floor.
March 20, 2010:
I think I found the problem.
Burning some of the wood.
First meal on the new kitchen floor. Wheelbarrow with plywood on it for the table.
Cutting more bad floor out. Damn plumbers notched the joists almost all the way through. They were completely good here otherwise.
Getting gravel from the neighbors yard. It was left over from his geothermal installation. I need it for fill.
Little baby piles. Watch them get bigger as I add more pics.
The kitchen floor tarped for rain.
Another view from the west showing just how bad the roof is.