Bobcats new machines

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by meets1, Apr 19, 2011.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Seen the new T870 - dealer had one that was being trasported elsewhere I happen to be there at the time. Being it was on the trailer - I did look it over. That is a big skid! I never heard or asked about price or fuel eating properties that thing would take but man thats just big.

Heck thats like mini dozer - like a mini ex, or toro dingo, heck why not a mini dozer!

2. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a real big machine! But it doesn't make any sense to me, kinda like when Bobcat came out with the 963. Compared to the T320 the T870 basically gained over 3000lbs, 5" width, no more pump flow, same engine displacement and only 7hp more. It's actually got a weight to hp ratio that is 20% worse than the T320.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. meets1

Didnt know the spec's but either way its a big machine.

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

But it's bigger and shinier, it's the American way.

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I got the new Worksaver and there was an article about the T870, it looked really big. I think at that point, why not have a regular track loader? (happy OZZ? :waving:)

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Go to Youtube and look for a user named 1man2know, he's a local here in the Valley, he's sporting his new T870, it's not that impressive.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't see how anyone would think it would be considering the size of that machine. It's engine hp only increases 7% over the T320 and the machine weight increases almost 25%. With a peak engine torque of around 240lb ft and that kind of weight increase, the T320 looks much more attractive. You also don't get anymore reach and a turning radius that is increased about 15%. Basically, you'd be buying that machine for the lift height, and unless you're using an auger to put in pilings I don't really see the advantage. However, it is a big machine!

8. meets1

Speaking of big machine america way what is the big price tag? Never asked the dealer and haven't seen it mentioned here yet?

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I'm slightly curious on the price but am sure it's a cringe-worthy number...

10. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

Plain T870 with 84" bucket: $68,309.00