Bobcats Roller Suspension

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by yardworkslawncare, Mar 29, 2008.

1. yardworkslawncare

yardworkslawncare LawnSite Member

For those of you who have not seen it yet. I took this at con expo.

CIMG0730.jpg

2. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

looks cool tell me more about it

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Looks cool? It looks like high school shop project. Notice all the travel in the leaf maybe an inch. Stone age simple and like I have posted before they said that it was a $1500 option, at least it is cheap too bad it looks like it. We'll see how effective it is.

4. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ksss,that was funny about the high school shop project.:) I don't think it has enough movement. Like ksss said maybe an inch. Don't feel bad mrsops. The early 200 Series Deere machine use to get hit on pretty hard on here. I'm glad they came out with the 200 Series II and 300 series machines.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I can see those springs bottoming out fairly easy while not providing enough suspension value for anything. Another Bobcat innovation that won't last.

6. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I will laugh my A$$ off if it works great and everyone starts swearing by them. It doesn't look like it will help much and just more maintance but it might be the next great thing that all the other brands start following.

7. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to know how it would do in the feild.

8. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

For crying out loud it's a skidsteer thet goes 5mph not a motocross bike doing triple jumps.:cool2:

9. yardworkslawncare

yardworkslawncare LawnSite Member

What I did not get in the picture was the front Idler. They raised it up about an inch higher than the others. I know that the suspended undercarriages can "rock" forward with a load, but I think this will make it even worse. Over on HEF a guy has used/demo'd one and said it felt way different when lifting a load.

10. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Your saying it's tipped up?
    It will help with floation possibly but will give a funny feeling when lifting a heavy load.