1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat's Toolcat

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JLLawn, Feb 10, 2005.

1. JLLawn

JLLawn LawnSite Member

Im looking into buying a new Toolcat to use on our landscaping jobs also to use in the winter for plowing out small driveways, and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them or any thoughts about them? Im also wondering what a rough idea on price was for them. Any info would really help.
  2. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

Whats a Toolcat?
  3. mattydjakd

mattydjakd LawnSite Member

I ordered the free cd from bobcat just to see what the deal was about. Machine looks real sweet. You can attach a lot of implements to them of course. I saw video on the weather channel about a month ago of a tool cat plowing a large sidewalk. Had a nice cab, little wiper on the windshield, really maneuverable with the 4 wheel steering too. If I had the cash I would buy one just to play with.
  4. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

What kind of applications on landscaping did you have in mind for it? It looks like it is more suited to golf course, cemetery.... or similar work.
    Go to bobcats website to check it out.
  5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

these have a 1500# working capacity.

they also can use all the bobcat attachments..

i would think they would be very useful on landscape jobs.
  6. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

I'll have another look at it(I looked at it when it first came out.) but for Our 1/2 - 1 acre residential construction jobs I didn't feel it would be a good fit.
  7. chevyryan01

chevyryan01 LawnSite Member

We purchased a toolcat 2 years ago in december. Was one of the first three in our area. Have had relatively good luck with it. It is rated at 1600# capacity and it will do all that and more. Not much good for moving dirt but for loose soil and gravel, etc. It works nice... I have a broom on the front which is where it gets used most, also for hauling our straw blanket around on large jobs. The heat and a/c cab definately will spoil you. As far as pricing, not sure what has changed but mine came in about $32,000 with pretty much all the options....

8. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Ryan, have you used the Toolcat for snow removal?
  9. chevyryan01

chevyryan01 LawnSite Member

We have a bobcat v-plow for our skid and tried it one day, lasted about 15 minutes. Just not enough power when you're used to the T300. If you had a smaller blade it might work. I would like to try the blower on one if it would have enough hyd. to push it I think that could have it's place if you had a lot of sidewalk to do?? So it might work but i wouldn't recommend it. Also rented one of the shredders for the front last year to do some rough cut work we had on a state job, really liked that but not worth the $$ to me...

10. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Ryan, thanks for the info. We have endless sidewalks at our plow site. Most of the walks are 5-6' wide. I was wondering how the toolcat would do with a broom. We use mowers with brooms, but the site is huge and the mowers are too slow from point a to point b.