Body piercings

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PR0 TURF, Feb 5, 2003.

1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

I have my tounge & ear pierced. The tounge can't be noticed unless I yawn in front of the customer. However, today a well-respected friend in the business who I've learned the ropes from over the years recommended that I get rid of my earring because its not "professional". I never gave it much thought until today. Whats your opinion?

PS- Its a small silver hoop in the top of my ear.

2. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

I really would not see this to be a problem but if you find you customers looking at you funny you know what it is.

Unless you have a bugger hanging out. lol:D
  3. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I have my butt pierced, should I worry?:cry:
  4. Husker1982

Not for customers but for hygen and pain of sitting on a mower.
  5. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 LawnSite Member

i would take it out the first time you go meet with the customer for sure. Some people are very judgemental about that. After that i'ld see if they gave you a funny look. Personally i take mine out all the time when i work so i don't rip them outta my ear on something.
  6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I would think that your ear looks funny and your mouth tastes like metal cr**. and if you think you need to ask then you know the answer. but that is just my opinion.

7. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

my tounge is also pierced..both ears pierced too..i always remove the earings..i did notice one day after i was talking/collecting payment from one of my first older customers that she was looking a little too hard at my ears...i just take them out on mon and put them back in on sat morning unless i am out cutting on a sat..
  8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

A 20 year old without a piercing in todays day and age? I'd be more inclined to think something was wrong with you if you didn't have one. :) I rid myself of all metal at about 28 or 29 years old. I have customers notice where there USED to be holes in my ears from 6 or 7 years ago. Not sure I lost any work over that yet. I consider it a young mans phase many go through.

It's the forty+ year olds with piercings that make me think WTF! Talk about dorks. :rolleyes:
  9. Husker1982

Stevo not trying to pick a fight but don't you think that if you have them out that long than you should just not have them at all?
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

You know what, I have a 1 ct diamond in my ear and I have had it in other 3 years...never have lost a customer from it, but I have gained a lot of customers.

I think that people just need to realize that things that were taboo years ago are not so now. Times change and so does appearance. Just because you have piercings doesn't mean that you are not knowledgable.