Bone head week

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

1. rushing around left the back pack in front of the trailer and pulled away oops 500 dollar mistake.

2. Left a weedwacker at a jobsite went back 30 min later its gone 200.00 mistake

3. Lost my Ipod yesterday 300.00 mistake

Well that was some week o well 1000 dollars thrown away. :hammerhead:
    Ever had any bone head weeks like this? Post them here.

2. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I let my employees make all the avoidable goofs.

3. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't feel so bad for breaking the air filter cover on a weedeater (I didn't put it in the rack) and blowing a $40 belt on the wb mower (not my fault, but stinks anyhow) both this week.

That's $60 vs you $1000. Ouch. I feel for ya. :hammerhead:

4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Since I don't believe in ANY kind of luck, I don't know what to say. If these happen to me, I would look at the way I'm living my life - maybe make some changes for the better. :usflag:

5. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

Look at it this way all your bonehead moves are done for the year!!

6. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Nephew left my tailgate open last yr, and my backpack blower fell out when he took a left at a stop sign. A school bus driver found it, and put a sign at the corner saying "I have what u lost" and a phone#. Saw the sign the next day and got it back. little scratched up, but still works fine. :usflag:

7. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Thats kinda scary ;)

8. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

was actually pretty smart on their part or else every Tom, Dick and Harry would be calling up looking for a blower... IF she posted a sign that read..."Found commercial backpack blower here- call this # to recover it"

hey, I'll give her props just for holding on to it....
    most would've had it on Ebay by 5pm....

Oh, and yea.... you had one lousy week.
    Spring is here!
    my mind is shot too bro...

9. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got another thread about this, but it relates. I broke a belt Thursday, got a new one Friday, used it for about and hour, and it slung off. I was beginning to think my mower just doesn't like belts. After trying 4 dealers/parts stores, I still haven't found the right belt. Anybody have a 147.4" by 5/8" belt?

10. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

In the last week and a half I have had 1 vehicle totaled and one in the shop, an employee out because of a bleeding ulcer , the ECM on one of my mowers went bad and still have not completed a full weeks mowing. What a bad way to start a great season! LOL