bonus for a part time employee

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ant, Nov 15, 2010.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

I work alone and My son works with me part time. He worked about 150 hrs.total this season. It may seem like nothing but he is a big help and worth 100 % of what I pay him plus some. I plan on giving him a bonus this season but not sure wHere to start. What monies bonuses do you pay your guys and how did you come to that number?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i was wondering the same thing. i have 3 who help me out fall clean ups. now i am keeping them on for plowing.i have come with amount for bonus for them.

3. DitchDr

DitchDr LawnSite Senior Member

We are trying a new thing this year. Taking the profits and spliting them into 4's. now 2 shares of it is mine as a paycheck, 1 share is operating money for the company, and the last share is split even between everyone as a bonus. Were hoping it works out well. Our guys busted ass this year, and made us a great success.

4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Your solo, he is your son...... Throw a couple of "C" notes his way and call it good.

5. gmlm

gmlm LawnSite Member

the week before christmas i give my 2 full time employees 1 weeks pay. they really seem to like it. we dont plow and business starts slowing the beginning of november, so the paycheck right before christmas really helps them out.

6. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Why were my posts deleted?

7. stan the man

from Maine

i don't know if they want money or what. i know that they hit my 15 freezes for meat from my beef animals and rabbits and pheasants chickens that i have cut up. i just had 4 beef animal done. i was thinking about giving them side of beef. what you think of that.

8. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

sounds cool to me. Meat is expensive. But money pays the bills.

9. stan the man

from Maine

it is a hard one. i dont know what to do. i hate to ask them. i just want them to be happy. they know if they need money just ask. one guy was having his truck work on 1500.00 of work he was short i payed for it.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  10. mark123

mark123 LawnSite Senior Member

When I worked for another LCO he would give me an amount equal to a 40 hour work week minus what unemployment paid for the weeks we were expected to be off over the winter. Usually around $2700.