Bonuses

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jbell113, Jun 15, 2005.

1. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I have recently recieved a few bonuses lately. One I got from family members of an elderly woman I work for. They pooled there money together and gave me $150 cash. I think they did it cause I am doing the work now instead of them. The other bonus came yesterday from a trailer property I maintain. I only go out twice a month for $150 a month and he sent me a check for $250. Just wondering how many of you guys recieve bonuses from your customers.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I figure it's a bonus just to get paid.

3. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Not one bonus in 3 years, I think there would be a better shot if X-mas fell in May or June during the growing peaks! But also, knock on wood, I haven't been stiffed at all on payments, so like Rodfather said, that is a bonus in itself!

4. jbell113

yea I agree , right now im having to collect $125 for a job I did over a month ago. There check bounced.

5. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

The only thing I've gotten was a couple of Christmas cards, but this is only my second season. But one of my customers said go ahead and use the pool if I want to. I will do that the next time I cut their grass

6. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

People give us extra money kind of frequently, only on the maintenance side of things though. My crew members even get cash from time to time from clients. It is always a nice thing and very welcome!

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

just make sure its a bonus and they're not paying you for work in advandce! lol

8. jbell113

Never thought of it that way but I did call and both parties said it was a bonus.

9. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

Doh! That's what that was? I be back next week, I got to go and provide some credits to some accts! LOL